Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why the pressure?

It really bothers me that my family feels that I need to be rushing to "start my life," "Marry," and "have babies."

What on gods green earth are they thinking?

First things first, I happen to find my opinion quite important in this decision. I'm not even completely certain if I want children in the future, and I sure as heck don't want them now. It isn't that I don't love children, I really do, but I don't know for sure if I'm the right person to be raising children. I'm not sure if I am too selfish or not to have children. Heck I can't get along with one person for long enough right now to even consider this... so back to my point.

My mother, for years, has wished that I would end up prego, how weird is that? Don't get me wrong, I understand why she wants that, I just don't know that she's looking at the right person.

My brother has now at least 2 times in the last 7 months prompted me on the same issue... and other family members have dropped hints as if my biological clock is ticking... HELLO... I am freaking 25... Do I have a sign on my back that says I am desperate to have children? Am I the only one missing this?

Again... I love children, I really do, and spending time with Olivia this week has reminded me of that....

But... that still doesn't mean I'm ready to give up my life... did anyone notice that I am working full time, going to school full time, single, and not even really looking for a serious relationship right now? Its not that I am against a committed relationship, it just hasn't happened yet... and even if it had, I'm certainly not going to get knocked up right away.... I'm not a moron. I have plans for my own life too you know guys? I want to travel, I want to see things, do things, go places that everyone else in my family will probably never see.

I have my whole life ahead of me, and maybe my plans will change one day, who knows, I'm not saying anything couldn't happen, just that I'm not in a rush to make something happen that would forever impact another beings life....

Right now, I am far too wrapped up in my own life to even consider thinking about someone else 24/7. So please for god's sake, lay off... or bug someone else....

Ok... done venting now...

On a much lighter note, I've throughly enjoyed watching, playing with, holding, Olivia this week. She's such a beautiful baby, and I LOVE HER. :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl you have every right to live your life the way that you want to. Motherhood is NOT for everyone. There is nothing wrong with that. Heck, maybe even someday after you have done all your traveling....seen all there is too see....then maybe you will feel different. Maybe not. Who knows. It's your life. You are way wiser beyond your years. You are an old soul my dear. I love you for who you are. Never change. Muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already are a mother! To two little furbabies! :) I have longed to be a mom since before school-age, and when it didn't happen for me the first 2 times, my puppies definitely filled that void. I bet you feel the same way! At this stage in your life you don't need to worry about what everyone else thinks...heck..you are your own person! Enjoy life now while you can...I too did/saw much before I married and "settled down."

    ReplyDelete