Friday, July 17, 2009

Why is it that fall always becomes chaotic for me?

With Summer not really feeling like much of a summer this year, I'm starting to wonder why everything I do always seems to be in the fall. It always seems like my life is so boring for long periods of time and then all of a sudden its like I hit the gas and everythign happens at once.

I guess a lot of it is just the holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, September/October Birthdays: Me, mom, Doni, Amy, Olivia! That and it seems like I tend to travel more and have more events that time of year.

September last year I had planned everything out just right, including a trip to Maryland to help with Olivia and the house after Kristyn had a C-section. But.... Olivia decided to come 2 weeks early! It was a wonderful surprise, but also unexpected. Don't get me wrong I loved going out there. But, she also just so happen to come just a a week before Kellie's wedding, which made the timing a little more difficult in addition to needing to change my flight and re-arrange my work/dog schedule as well! Then of course I had Kel's wedding! In the midst of this time period we sometimes celebrated a few birthdays here and there too. Did I mention that I'm also going to school full time and working full time somehow?
Then came Thanksgiving, and Doni's decision to move to Ohio (which meant she was traveling back and forth and I had her dog as well for almost 2 months). Holidays in general are just stressful in my family, and last year definitely was no exception.
In December, Eric and Kristyn and Olivia came out for 11 days, which also was fun, but it was a bit more stress, in addition the usual holiday stress. Then January came, and I had kind of dumbly and inconveniently planned a trip to see my best friend in Florida. Don't get me wrong I love her, but the trip didnt' turn out the best. Unfortunately the humidity coupled with her cats shedding was very dangerous for my breathing! Which made me miserable for the majority of the trip.
The week I got back I was already in the process of moving, and starting new classes for the semester. Which also means that in the meantime of all of this, I had been looking for a place to live, re-registered for classes, and had a going away party for my oldest sister whom moved to Ohio.
By the time February rolled around I was redy for a break and to relax and try to catch up both at work and at home (unpacking), and on school work. And just 2 weeks in I decided to buy a new car too! LOL.
Since then, things have calmed down, thank goodness, I don't like that much stress!
But... .now I'm looking at my schedule for this fall, and I'm worried it might turn out similar!
Already in September I have a wedding in Indiana, and Olivia's first birthday family bash in Maryland. In October, I have one week where I will be doing 2 jobs at work, one of them being payroll which I have never done by myself at this job! I am supposed to go on a girls trip the week after that with my mom and sisters, but have still not really decided if I am going to end up doing that or not. A friend from California thinks he might come out here the last week in October just to visit for the first time. Randi, my best friend is likely coming out to visit in November, maybe with another friend as well. And then I start the Holiday season with my family all over again! Oh and of course I start new classes in August again... can't forget that!

YIKES, looking back at last year, I don't know how I made it through that 3 or 4 months!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You sure are one busy lady. It's good for you! Buck up kiddo. hehehe :o)

    ReplyDelete