I hate that I am not excited for the semester to start. I want to be excited, but instead I feel like there is a huge dark cloud looming overhead. Going to school is so much work when I'm already working full time. I literally feel like it drains the life out of me sometimes. Last Spring, I took a course load that overwhelmed me beyond belief, and now, only 3 months later, I can't even exactly remember what classes I took. Needless to say, I don't feel that I'm taking a lot away from some of these classes, which only makes me resent them more.
All of that being said, I want my degree, and I know that as much as I hate this right now, in the end it will be well worth all of the hard work, sometimes its just hard to see that. It seems so far away. But.... like I've always said, somehow, someway, I'll get there, and I'll find a way.... no one can stop me, including myself. :)
As I finally went to purchase my textbooks this morning, I realized just how much I benefit from my job here. WOW. My tuition for three classes was nearly $1000 per class.... my text books were almost another $500...
On top of already liking my job quite a bit... and all of the other benefits I receive... I almost have to consider them paying for all of that every semester like another $7000 a year in income! Just another reason to be thankful and count my blessings!
On another happier note, I have an interview with the Big Brothers Big Sisters group on Friday, and I am very excited to be involved with the program. :) The process of becoming a "big" is a lot longer than I'd imagined, but it will likely be a good thing. Last week I attended a group "training", really it was just a session where they tell you about the program, what is expected, what is prohibited, etc. And, even that was fun for me! :)
I met a lot of like minded people there, and I hope that I'll get to see more of them at future events with our "littles." In addition to that training, I'll undergo a 1-2 hour interview on Friday, undergo a background/driving history check, and they will contact some of the references that I listed on my application. I kind of feel like I am interviewing for a job, LOL. But, I think its a good thing, it keeps people from getting involved with the program for the wrong reasons, and kind of protects the kids from being hurt in the process.
In other news, one of my best friends ever found out on Friday she's having a little girl! :) I can't freaking wait to meet her! :) Kind of scarey to think we might have another "Susie Homemaker", I mean Kellie, running around! Then again, there are a lot worse people I could think of having 2 of! :) Only kidding, I love my Oscar, and I hope her little girl is JUST LIKE HER, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have 2 of!
Here is a random Melody of pictures from the last few weeks.... :)


Can you find Mars? :) He's become obsessedwith pillows, he loves to sleep in the pillows on the couch, on the bed, anywhere he can find pillows really! :)
Milo will hang out anywhere, as long as I'm not far away... he's quite attached to momma!

Olivia has learned to crawl! :) At 11 months old, she is officially mobile! I can't wait to see her for her first birthday next month! :)

This is my friends baby, Calvin. And I just had to include him because he's just so stinkin cute!

A few weeks ago, Amy and I played Dance Dance Revolution (on Wii) until 2 in the morning. Seriously, I haven't laughed so hard in years as I did this night! :) If you haven't tried this out yet, definitely do... yeah you can make a fool of yourself, but its 100% worth it!

And Finally.... Kate. My other, lesser known, niece. On August 3rd, Kate turned 5 years old! :) What a beautiful little girl she has become. I wish more than anything in the world I could see her, but none the less, I'm happy to at least be able to see that she is thriving, happy and healthy. :)
I am so excited for you to do this Big Sister thing. I can't wait to meet your "little" (if that is allowed). That will be so much fun and rewarding for you. LOL there will be another Oscar-ett in this world. hahahaha :o) Super cute pictures. Calvin is way stinkin cute. I would have paid to watch you do your dance revolution. I bet it was fun.
ReplyDelete♥ you!
I can have friends meet her, but they ask that we wait a few months (until they know us and are pretty comfortable with us first) to do that. :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely once I get things rolling with her and settled, you'll have to come down and go do something with us! :)
If you weren't prego, I'd totally tell you to do this... there are SO MANY little girls whom there #1 think they want to do is learn to cook and bake with someone! It would be perfect for you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYea, when the time is right....I will come down for sure. Awww that is so cute. I must admit that I do need to learn patience when cooking/baking with little ones. I get frustrated easily. Hahahaha
ReplyDelete