Sunday, November 15, 2009

Winter Weekend...

So this weekend I spent Saturday working the 9 Cares Colorado Shares food drive. Between 5 sites, we collected more than 230 TONS of canned and dry food, several semis full of clothing, several semis full of toys, and several semis full of bath goods. It was so fun, and so neat to see so many people give so much. Everyone there had an awesome attitude. You really would not believe how many people came with their car filled to the rim, some after just going to Costco or King Soopers, and just pulling up, opening their doors. This was probably single handedly the most inspiring thing I've ever done. If you ever have the opportunity to work at this kind of event do it. It was freezing outside, and wet as can be, and
we had to be there at 6 AM, but it was SO WORTH IT! :) We danced, and made boxes, and filled boxes, and met new people, and networked. Many of the professional sporting mascots showed up as the theme for our location was sports, and even Santa Claus showed up wearing his Bronco's jersey!




As soon as we left the food drive, we came home to nap for a while, 5 AM comes early, especially on Saturday morning. Standing out in the cold for several hours takes its wear on you too! After a long nap, I woke up to see LOTS of snow.... and it didn't stop then.

The snow came in on Friday, but didn't really STICK until Saturday afternoon, but then it really started sticking... and just came down and down and down. Its just now really stopping (on Sunday afternoon). I ended up with about 15 inches of snow... AGAIN. Ugh. I'm so over the snow already. But... the boys LOVE IT! So I took a few pics of them playing in it! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment