Its been really crappy weather, and I hate it!
I was fortunate enough to have a 4 day weekend (Friday-Monday) this last weekend. But unfortunately, it rained all 4 of those days! :(
Luckily, I was able to get a few things done on Friday night before the sky opened up. If you know me at all, you probably know that I'm not really a get dirty playing in the yard kind of girl... just not really my thing. I'm not afraid of some work, just don't typically like it to include dirt. LOL
But it needed to be done, so Friday, I mowed the lawn (which is actually pretty good sized), front and back, and even started the sprinklers on our two "dead" spots. The rain has definitely helped in those spots! :) I even pulled a bunch of weeds and got flowers for my planters and a few hangingin baskets. My yard is starting to look livable again.
By evening when my roomie returned home, I was spent, so we grilled out and sat on the patio having a beer... when the sky decided to let go! :P So the evening was spent inside.

Saturday morning it was pretty nice out again, so I got up and got a few errands done, then met my roomie at home for more lawn attacking. We managed to move a TON of rock around the backyard to try to make it more functional and a bit less muddy. We attacked a BUNCH more weeds, and even clipped a bunch of the bushes and got rid of some sticks and things. By the time we finished I was so sore and exhausted.
So... we grilled out again, had a beer, and low and behold, here came the rain again. :P
Saturday night, I convinced Amy to give me a pedicure. I've been dying for one, but with not having a toenail on my left foot, I've been to nervous to come somewhere to have it done. Besides Amy does it better! :) So she came over and hung out with me while watching the Nuggets lose pitifully. :( At midnight, I played the good roomate and went and picked up my drunky roomate and her siblings.
We had more people stay over that night (3) then I think our house has ever seen, lol!
Sunday morning I got up and it LOOKED like it was going to be nice out. So I read for a bit and then made Amy get up, lol. :) I convinced her to go with me to Dick's Sporting Goods to finally buy the bicycle I've been eyeing for like 3 weeks. And low and behold, I waited just long enough, because for Memorial day weekend, it was $50 off! :) Still more than I was hoping, but its really nice! Here's what it looks like:

So I convinced Amy to ride up to mom's with me and go for a bike ride. But... when we got up there we came to the realization that both of their bikes needed some "repairs." Really, they both just need A LOT of air in the tires. So I loaded theirs in my car, stopped at Target for an air gauge then headed to the gas station and aired up their tires. Came back, we went on a short ride just as it was starting to rain again, lol. Oh-well at least we got both of their bikes up and working again. Well actually I need to take Amy's in, as the gears aren't shifting right, but it operates on mid-level just fine so we were still able to get out for a short ride.
I LOVE bikeriding... have I told anyone that? Bike riding is kind of like therapy to me. If I am mad or upset or anything else, nothing beats riding and feeling the wind... seriously.
So now I'm pumped, I really want to get to the point where I CAN ride my bike to and from work, maybe not every day, but at least a few days a week would be SO GOOD for me and I think therapeutic too!
Anyhow, Monday came around, and of course it rained again, ALL DAY. So I spent the entire day inside. I was not feeling well at all, so I spent a good portion of the day in bed actually. By evening I was ready to shoot myself, I hate being confined. So, I took the boys on a walk, and then jumped on my bike and went for another short ride, just around the neighborhood and up a few hills (wholly cow am I out of shape!).
Anyhow, Monday came around, and of course it rained again, ALL DAY. So I spent the entire day inside. I was not feeling well at all, so I spent a good portion of the day in bed actually. By evening I was ready to shoot myself, I hate being confined. So, I took the boys on a walk, and then jumped on my bike and went for another short ride, just around the neighborhood and up a few hills (wholly cow am I out of shape!).
I'm really stoked to get back on, I just wish this weather would clear, its killing me!
After I got back... I watched "John and Kate Plus Eight" I don't care who hates that show, thinks its dumb, or that all this tabloid crap is ridiculous. I love the show. I think the kids are adorable, and for all the people that don't like Kate because she is "bitchy"... look at her life. Lets see you raise 8 kids under the age of 8 and be as successful as her. I happen to think her strict rules and schedules have benefited her family and children fairly well! I think the tabloid stuff is sad and horrible, but maybe I'm neive, I don't believe everything I see in those dumb things, and I think its up to them to figure out what to do with whatever the situation ends up being! So... for the record the premiere last night, though kinda sad, was really cute! :)
Then... it was time for the Nuggets to get back in the game! And boy did they! Last night's game was AWESOME. The Nuggets played so well, it was genuninely a fun game to watch! I want them to pull of the West so badly! :)
And... then it was 10 o'clock and time for bed. And I got into bed, but couldn't fall asleep. So I stayed up last night, til like 1 AM.... first watching TV, then playing on facebook and myspace on my phone. Then playing Ms. Pacman on my phone... which by the way is the coolest thing ever! :) Just had a lot on my mind and couldn't fall asleep....
Which means... I am tired today! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment